Jabsco toilet problem.

May 21, 2014
Hunter H44 Toronto
Thanks but ther is no solenoid valve just a cap on the top of the vented loop with a small Venturi.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Cleaning the air valve on the vented loop didn't work, so I think it's time to replace it....the duckbill valves in 'em do have a finite lifespan. If you don't know your loop's brand name, I should be able to ID it if you'll post a photo. No need to remove anything, I just need to see what the "cap" looks like.
And btw, I'm 90% certain that the toilet isn't the culprit...that it has to be in the plumbing and the air valve in vented loop is the only thing IN the intake plumbing.

--Peggie

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The "duckbill" in the air valve is a little rubber thingy in it that's usually open until priming the pump and starting suction in the intake causes it to close. That li'l rubber thingy can become fouled by sea water minerals, salt and/or debris...requiring cleaning. It also wears out..and I think that's what's happened on your boat. You don't replace just the duckbill..the repair is a new air valve (entire "cap"). Call Bosworth.
--Peggie

Last edited: