Jabsco Quiet Flush loop question

May 24, 2024
Jeanneau 39 Port Dalhousie
Due primarily to space constraints, I've picked up the Quiet Flush electric head conversion (#37255). Researching the install, I found reference to the necessity for a solenoid controlled vented loop (after the pump before the bowl) for the Jabsco replacement unit (#37010) so I bought that too. Opening the solenoid, though, it says specifically it is only for 37010. That leaves me wondering why one would need the controlled loop and one not.

And if they both do, might the solenoid unit simply not work with the control harness for the 37255?

Am I better off just returning the conversion and getting the full unit (which I'm not sure will fit, but in theory...)?

Thank you for any insight!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
When I saw the price of that conversion, I recommend you return it and replace it with a Raritan SeaEra, which Defender has with household bowl for $609. Raritan SeaEra Promo Sheet It doesn't need a remote intake pump or a solenoid...the intake pump is a diaphragm pump on the end of the pump assembly--which can go out the back or to either side. It's also the top rated macerating electric toilet in its class. I'd recommend the "conversion" but it's hard to find (the one on Defender is just the pump/motor assembly without a cover) and the prices are a lot higher than the complete toilet.

--Peggie

Last edited:
May 24, 2024
Thank you Peggie. My problem with the Raritan will be positioning. Either the discharge pipe will stick out in front of the user (risking damage and mess) or I'll have to chop out the bulkhead aft of the toilet base to fit the pump assembly behind the bowl. That wouldn't be the end of the world but 1) the Raritan fresh water inlet pump (off the back of the macerator) pumps up and out (see image below), and 2) the pump assembly will block access to the discharge seacock which accessed through the little box in the image below. While not in use, I feel uncomfortable blocking access to a thru hull.

I'm open to suggestions though. Would certainly prefer a top of the line head over the Jabsco!

Attachments

May 24, 2024
Haha ok well I couldn't turn down the good deal on the Raritan. May need to do some modifications to the throne pedestal but that's alright.

From comments elsewhere, will I also need a new control panel (flush switch)? Will be hooked to raw water and a holding tank. I have one vented loop already.

Thanks again.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Either the discharge pipe will stick out in front of the user (risking damage and mess) or I'll have to chop out the bulkhead aft of the toilet base to fit the pump assembly behind the bowl.
Apparently you missed seeing that the pump/motor assembly can be oriented to come out the back or either side.

You're gonna need the Installation, operation and maintenance instructions aka "owners manual"...here's the link to it Raritan SeaEra owners manual If this is your first electric toilet, you need to know that wiring it correctly is critical....starting with, it MUST be on its own separate dedicated circuit with its own breaker, shared by nothing else--not even cabin lights--that can reduce power to it...low voltage will damage the motor. This is true of ALL electric toilets, not just the SeaEra.

--Peggie

Last edited:
May 24, 2024
Ah, but my desired orientation (for hose security and fit) is the motor assembly to come out the front! The photo attached above of my head should clarify why. But that isn't going to work either (not enough room for the seat to lift), so I'll be cutting some fiberglass soon...
Thanks again!