Jabsco Model # 31750 Potable water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter 44 Charlevoix, MI
In the process of trying to drain the fresh water tanks on my 2005 Hunter 44 AC I experienced an problem with the Jabsco fresh water pump. The pump worked fine and probably removed about 70 gal. from one tank. The pump then quit pumping and water flow stopped. I checked the inlet filter and found it to be clean. I checked the pump voltage and found it to be within normal operating perameters. I then disconnected the outlet side of the pump, where it enters the distribution manifold, and discovered that I had good flow when the pump was activated. When I re-connected the manifold the pump would prime but stop as soon as any presure was built up in the system. It's difficult to believe that the manifold and all of the faucets in the boat became
blocked at the same time so my assumption is that the pump motor is unable to pump at sufficient pressure to deliver water to the system. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so what was the remedie?

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
Had the exact same problem two years ago and ended up replacing the pump. There is a pressure switch adjustment on the pump and always wondered if that switch had somehow failed though i was never able to confirm that as i broke the clip to the switch when i tried to disassemble it. no visable damage to the old pump valves etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.