Jabsco head not pulling sea water

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2011
Glasstron GS249 indian lake
I am new to the site. a lot of great info. I have been reading about Jabsco heads not pulling in sea water to flush. I am having this issue as well. I have already replaced the pump assembly. this did not help. I checked the sea cock and water flows fine from there when I pull the hose off. the head flushes fine dry. it all goes to the holding tank. I am guessing maybe the vent is clogged? any help would be appreciated.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
If you remove the deck fitting it should allow you to determine if there is a vent problem.

May 11, 2011
If you remove the deck fitting it should allow you to determine if there is a vent problem.

are you saying the pump out port? remove that, leave it off and see if water comes in? if not the vent, what else could it be? thanks for the response.

May 11, 2011
I have replaced the manual pump a week ago. I dont think it would be the joker valve. that is in the pump correct? I have tested the sea cock. water flows fine. i even took the hose off the sea cock and put it in a bucket of water. still not pulling water. I have not tried removing the pump out cap and trying to pump. the only other thing I can think of is that the hose from the head to the sea cock has a whole in it and not enough pressure to pull up water? there is nothing in the head itself that would keep water from pulling up correct?

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
If you had a hole in the line from the seacock to the pump, you would be leaking water somewhere since that seacock is below the water line.

It could be that the hose is kinked somewhere.

It's a fairly simple operation. Flip the toggle on the pump to fill bowl. When you push the pump handle down it draws in water to the pump. When you raise the handle the water travels out the top of the pump, along the white hose to the top of the toilet and fills the bowl. You just have to follow the path till there is no water.

May 11, 2011
i dont think there is a kink only because when I take the hose off the sea cock and put it in a bucket of water, pump the handle, I get a lot of bubbles. its at least pushing air.

Oct 2, 2007
- - Millville, NJ
Have a look at the double flapper valve on top of the pump. It could be installed backwards, or either of the two flaps may not be seating securely. The two flaps work in conjunction with each other to direct the flow of water into the toilet bowl. If the flapper isn't in right, or if the flaps aren't seating correctly, you won't get any water into the bowl.

May 11, 2011
I will look at that tonight. I suppose it could come from the factory in wrong or not seated correctly. I didnt think of that. thanks for the tip.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Hey fellas

The toilet won't bring IN any flush water...the joker valve is in the DISCHARGE fitting and the tank--and therefor the tank vent--is at end of the discharge line. So why would you think that either one would have anything to do with the toilet intake??

That TWO toilet pumps don't work indicates that the problem isn't in the toilet pump, but in the plumbing. If there's a vented loop (anti-siphon device) in the intake, it needs to be between the pump and the bowl. If it was installed in the intake line between the thru-hull and the pump, it would pull in air, preventing the pump from priming.

Or, the first pump may have the problem Vic outlined and the second pump is defective. IMO, you have the best excuse anyone could ask for to return the second pump and upgrade to the Raritan PHC ...check that out here: sbo.com PHII PHC LBA

Status
Not open for further replies.