It's still Wednesday...Photo Day...which appears to be on life support

Feb 11, 2017
former Tartan 30 New London, CT area
Re: 'borrowing photos'. Walked into our yacht club one day, and there's this huge 4'x8' poster of a sailboat on the wall. Picture kinda disappeared as I got closer, as the pixels (clear and sharp) were the size of my hand. Then I realized the photo was one I'd taken and posted on the club website. Guess the owner of the boat liked the photo but was happy with the 150K image on the web - I would have given him the 5M original!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
My "paneled office" in quarantine wherever we anchor or moor.
The monitor stand is meant to clamp on a desktop, but I clamp it to the aft cabin companionway step. Being an aft cabin, this is an isolated space with the cockpit separating it from the main cabin. So the Admiral and I can each have our own space, and talk on the phone without disturbing each other.
I added the white KingStarboard material to expand the "desk".
MyOffice1.jpeg

The second monitor is really my iPad and it extends my Windows 10 desktop as a second screen (I'm running a $10 app called Duet for that function). Of course, my cell phone is tethered and I have a VOIP app on my cell phone, so I can be on the office phone whenever it's running, and out of office when I close the VOIP app. Bluetooth earphones complete the picture.
If circumstances allow, I can quit work early and sail. :thumbup:

MyOffice.jpeg

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
The Admiral and I are keeping our boat in Stonington CT. Every time we walk the borough we notice new things. I like to look at doors; as they make a statement and set the stage for a building's aesthetic.
Some noteworthy Stonington examples follow:
Simple and elegant.
Door1.jpeg

This is art and outstanding craftsmanship, so nicely brought together,
Door2.jpeg

With a little work, I might make my home door look somewhat similar to this one: Another project.
Door3.jpeg

This one blows me away :clap:
Door 4.jpeg

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I agree about doors. 20% of my urban area pictures the first time I went to South America were of doors. In Europe last year, that climbed to 30%. Every door seemed to be a one-off. Even the simple ones were elegant.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Beautiful shots, Larry. I remember seeing some of those in Stonington when we were on a mooring for a few days in 2018.

When we bought our old house 20+ years ago it had been uninhabited for a decade or more. The back half caved in so we built all new, and moved in. Then I went about restoring the front half.

Scraping:priming T,P copy.jpg

The inside was a rabbit warren of apartments and a retail space. I wanted to preserve the old house as a part of the lovely street view. But the Victorian front door seemed out of place on the old simple typical Greek Revival of the street. I had a hunch the doors weren't original.

Old house:New house copy full.jpg

So we took it out and went looking for a simple panel door and two side lights at a salvage. We found some old wood columns at a yard sale.

Sure enough when I opened up the doorway, old sheathing cuts showed a larger opening which fit the opening needed for the old door and two skylights.
Old doors horizontal.jpg

And we've lived here happily ever after.

165 2008 snow.jpg

This may explain to some why I work on my old boat, for relaxation. :)

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
The George H.W. Bush returning to Norfolk on June 28, 2018. By agreement with the patrol boat over the radio, we were allowed to maintain our westerly heading and be overtaken, but the PB stayed between us and the carrier. The .50 caliber on the bow had as much of my attention as the carrier.

IMG_20180628_160334854.jpg

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Launching a member of the family.
Rockport Harbor 2020 Ensign.jpg

Probably just a coincidence, but between 1962 and 1982, Pearson built 1776 of these Alberg designed classics; the Pearson Ensign. True Americana.