It's still Wednesday...Photo Day...which appears to be on life support

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Here's a little CPR action. Hopefully others will throw in a photo or two.

Mark Healey misses the take off during the qualifying round of the 2004 Rip Curl Banzai Pipeline surf contest.

One of my photos that was actually published in LIFE Magazine.

f1041208_102.jpg

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
We're launching boats back to back in Rockport Harbor, Maine. Here's a Bristol 40 getting her mast stepped.

Moon Path Bristol 40 1.jpg

Nice stern. Ample decks, teak veneer on this one.

Moon Path stern crop.jpg

And around port side:

Moon Path Bristol 40 2.jpg

149 of these Ted Hood designed Classic Plastics were built between 1970 and 1986.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
And across the harbor, the woodies are packing the docks.

Every spring, many of the oldest boats launched in our harbor, are the newest looking boats, launched in our harbor. I always find that ironic.

Launchings 2020.jpg

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Well I'm in the water but it was too windy to put the mast up both days I was scheduled so no mast yet. Here is my old C&C 27 with my Islander Freeport 36 in the background.
20200611_132947.jpg

And a bit closer with my Mom ready to inspect the new boat :)
20200611_133001.jpg

Jun 6, 2020
Hunter H23.5 Fleming Island
Almost done! At least I think I am. I've never worked on a sailboat before, only power boats. I told my wife that I feel like I'm building a rocket ship, because I dont know how to do that either. But after way too much time on the hard and way too much money, I think it's about over. Fingers crossed, mates!
20200506_181331.jpg

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I had to move to a different mooring yesterday, only 2 down but it was the first time I had moved my new boat, and I was on my own. I decided to go up to the fuel dock to fill the water tank and as I pulled up I realized there were a lot of people on the lawn by the club house. I hadn't counted on an audience for my first solo landing, I was picturing myself starring in a boating fail video. Fortunately it went smoothly.
I finally made it out of the harbour, without sails, and only for a few minutes just to turn around and head back in.
20200618_175622.jpg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I love the pictures, thanks, but I confess I find the copyright notices distracting; the detract form the image. You realize they are not legally necessary?

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
I love the pictures, thanks, but I confess I find the copyright notices distracting; the detract form the image. You realize they are not legally necessary?
Sorry for the distraction. I sell a few photos so I watermark each export out of my photo software to keep them labeled when I send to editors. I'll see if I can set a smaller font.

Once an image goes online I figure it's free for the taking, watermarked, copyright, or not.

But I do see an occasional image of mine used commercially. That's annoying, they should at least thank you. But if anyone enjoys a small jpeg image enough to copy and paste it on social media, I'm flattered.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Tom, I fully support your intellectual property rights. You should 'notice' those using your photos without permission, pursue them for a fee. I bet there are agencies that will do this for you.