It’s not safe anywhere.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
“by: WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff
Posted: Oct 18, 2020 / 08:04 AM EDT/ Updated: Oct 18, 2020 / 09:15 AM EDT

SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man driving a large boat crashed into docked boats at the Bayfront Park Marina in Sarasota on Saturday afternoon and it was all caught on camera!
Sarasota police arrested Brendan Sheridan, 32, on four counts of boating while under the influence with property damages.
The extent or cost of the damage to the other vessels is not yet known.
Sheridan has since bonded out”

Our neighbor’s boat was among the victims

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
WOW, I was expecting to hear it was stolen too because it's hard to believe that any owner would operate it like that. Maybe he's the owner's dopey son?

MarcW

Dec 9, 2019
Hunter 356 Lancaster
I'm more worried about people not paying attention. A few week ago we're out sailing and another sailboat motoring would have hit us if we didn't change course. We yelled to no avail. No one on deck, we watched almost hoping they would run aground but someone was probably in the hold watching TV and looked outside just in time.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
It's probably a good thing this guy did not get out of the marina. Imagine what he could have done at 30 knots!

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Florida Man.
Yea, almost nobody in Florida comes from Florida.

It’s typical upon meeting someone for the first time here that the conversation always includes the ubiquitous “where are you from?” Question.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Yea, almost nobody in Florida comes from Florida.

It’s typical upon meeting someone for the first time here that the conversation always includes the ubiquitous “where are you from?” Question.
Totally get that! Sun and water. Whats not to like?

And while there are tons of smart people in the state, its hard to overlook that the place has more than its fair share of dummies.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I've lived in Florida for a year and a half. I've only met a few native Floridians.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
1/ the boat is quite expensive so we can only hope it had expensive insurance too . 2/ some rich guy's drunk dolt of a relative at he helm ?

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Jeez, he was coming back? A wonder he did not cream someone doing 30 or fall over off the helm.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...Yea, almost nobody in Florida comes from Florida. It’s typical upon meeting someone for the first time here that the conversation always includes the ubiquitous “where are you from?” Question.
Years ago during a visit to Florida, I saw the evening news cast when one reporter said, "that's the best thing since sliced bread". The other reporter asked, "What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?" :beer: The reply: "Florida, before snow birds". Chick-a-boom.

Nov 13, 2013
Catalina 34 Tacoma
Probably a meth head. They think they can conquer the world, and police when on it.