Issue with engine power after replacing mixing elbow

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
Your old exhaust elbow does look very tired to say the least. I don't think that it totally restricted the exhaust air though. The engine couldn't run with a total restriction. What commonly happens with the GM series elbows as they begin to coke up, the water injection nipple is the first to be fully blocked. This causes reduced exhaust water flow and increased engine temp.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I had a mixing elbo clog so bad omg that the engine would not start or run so yes yours was not clogged completely but just enough to let it run.
I would say sounds like everything is running good and some thing with the throttle changed
and need to recheck the cable adjustment.
Nick

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
My son had a 2002 , 306, with the 2gm 20. His mixing elbow was really clogged. I think he paid $150 for a new one. Check with HDI for a stainless steel elbow.

Jul 1, 2017
Hunter 356 Brightlingsea
Hope you are all sorted now.....it sounds like you caught the problem early enough not to do any damage. Relax and enjoy!!
Neil

Oct 14, 2017
HUnter 306 Aruba
running good. still have to find time to check the throttle and other minor items. Will keep you all posted on my lessons learned.