Isotherm self pumping refrigerators

Jan 30, 2017
Hunter legend 37 na
I'm just wanting to know if anyone is familiar with these self pumping units. Do they really work as advertised. Does anyone not recommend these. I'm looking at converting or rebuilding my ice box and would like some feedback. Not to many reviews I can find

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Cannot figure out where you are, but I would call Sure Marine in Seattle and talk to them. Interesting concept...

reworb

Apr 22, 2011
Beneteau 311 Ft Myers Beach
On my previous boat I installed a holding plate Isotherm refrigerator in the ice box. It was not the water cooled one. But as far as the brand Isotherm is concerned I have nothing but good things to say about them. The electricity use was excellent and I never had a moments problem with the unit. I would not hesitate to install an other Isotherm unit in my current boat if the unit I have fails.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Yes I have one of those. The self pumping portion works great. Make sure you can fit the larger thruhull assembly into the space where the galley sink drain is currently located.

Nov 26, 2012
Catalina 250 Bodega Bay CA
I concur with RE as I bought an Isotherm 12v, 2.8 cu ft, .7 amp refer in 2013 for my sailboat and it has been great! Did much research until I found the lowest DC draw unit and it was Isotherm. Chief

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I bought an Isotherm 12v, 2.8 cu ft, .7 amp refer in 2013 for my sailboat and it has been great!
Chief, did you buy an ice box cold plate setup or an actual fridge? I was thinking about an Isotherm fridge and using the ice box for dry storage.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2012
Catalina 250 Bodega Bay CA
Ward: I had no ice box on a 250 so went for a refer and it fit great in the cooler slot under the counter. Chief