Isinglass cleaner

Aug 14, 2019
Tartan 34c Toms River
I am looking for a Isinglass / Stratoglass cleaner. Not looking for a paste or cream like Plastx. I would like a spray-on wipe off product. Any suggestions or home remedies?

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
I had test panels up for 5 years, and tried combinations of a about 10 products.

Imar Polish (a cream wax) is very good, but I found the Imar cleaner more difficult to use and not that great. Star Brite View Guard was easier to use, repelled water better, and passed the 5-year test.

Vinyl Cleaner and Protectant Testing

There are lots of good products out there. Just avoid Pledge and glass cleaners. Only products for soft vinyl windows, was with water first, and use ONLY clean cloths. Change cloths every few pannels, because if you pick up any grit you will ruin the window.

• Helpful
Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
I had test panels up for 5 years, and tried combinations of a about 10 products.

Imar Polish (a cream wax) is very good, but I found the Imar cleaner more difficult to use and not that great. Star Brite View Guard was easier to use, repelled water better, and passed the 5-year test.

Vinyl Cleaner and Protectant Testing

There are lots of good products out there. Just avoid Pledge and glass cleaners. Only products for soft vinyl windows, was with water first, and use ONLY clean cloths. Change cloths every few pannels, because if you pick up any grit you will ruin the window.
Thank you for your reply. I read a lot of reviews, and I will try Star Brite View Guard first and then Imar. Star Brute products are available locally, and also on Amazon. Not so much for Imar.
Thanks again everyone for the suggestions, cheers:beer:

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
The Imar Polish is worth getting. It is probably the best for restoring minor abrasion and lasts the longest.