Is this your last boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CO Editorial

Do you currently own your "last boat?" Or do have plans (dreams?) to buy another? Will you move to something larger and better for cruising? Or perhaps something smaller and easier to handle? Share you future boat plans here, then vote in this week's Quick Quiz found at the bottom of the home page.

S

Stanley Rogacevicz

Last Boat

The Catalina C320 will probably satisfy our needs for the forseeable future. Stan

G

Gary Jensen

Last Boat--No Way!!!!!

I just bought a 380 Catalina 2/25/0000. I suspect she will give me absolute pleasure. San Francisco Bay, coast and the Delta are places that I intend to sail. If the need to cruise arises I'll be looking for a little more waterline length....Like the 47.. Thats the beauty of a Catalina. They sail and sell well!!!!!!Gary

S

Shirley Johnson, Captn Mom

one day...

One day, I would like to have a Catalina 4?, and circumnavigate.....One day....

A

Art Golden

Last Boat!

No...way. With retirement in 6 years, my wife and I are planning to purchase a larger, and last, boat (we currentky own a 36 Catalina) in the 42'-45' range. Then spend three years getting her and ourselves ready for crusing.

B

Bob Robeson

The boat I die with will be my last

We own a 36 now, am looking forward to a Catalina 47 or Maybe a Morgan 45. We like the room of the center cockpits. Bob & LaRainne

H

harris gottlieb

ease over size

i've been sailing for 25 years and have big ones and small ones. i'm now going to settle into a catalina 27 since it's not too big and not too small for the columbia river. since i single hand most of the time, why make getting older more difficult by making sailing a chore. with a roller furler i'll sure go out more often.

J

Jim Walsh

No way!!

We are going into our second season with a Catalina 27, it has been great to learn with...Bigger, YES! within 3-5 years. s/v Hawaii Kai

C

CO Editorial

Final results

Final results for the Quick Quiz ending 3/12/2000: Do you currently own your last boat? 71% No, I will buy larger (93) 20% Yes, this is my last (26) 9% No, I will buy smaller (9)

T

Tom Temple

Only if my wife lets me.

We have a great Catalina 42. Would like to move up to a 470 but if we do will probably wait for a year or so. Brainwashing is not an easy or quick process.

J

John Meyer

That's what I told my wife

We're on our 5th vessel (a 34 MKII) and I don't see any reason for larger. In a pinch (when the kids hit home) we can sleep 7, and yet if it's just the wife and I, one of us can sail and dock alone. Storage is great, cockpit is humungous! The only reason I could imagine wanting larger would be for an island bed and when I get that much in need of luxury, I'd better hang up my sailing spurs!

J

John Meyer

That's what I told my wife

We're on our 5th vessel (a 34 MKII) and I don't see any reason for larger. In a pinch (when the kids hit home) we can sleep 7, and yet if it's just the wife and I, one of us can sail and dock alone. Storage is great, cockpit is humungous! The only reason I could imagine wanting larger would be for an island bed and when I get that much in need of luxury, I'd better hang up my sailing spurs!

Status
Not open for further replies.