Is this still sailing?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I sailed out of Seattle north about 2 weeks ago. I was heading directly into the wind. So I powered up the iron Ginny and proceeded past Elliot Bay Marina. As I approached at about a mile , I could see a large catamaran departing the marina and heading out. They headed across my intended path. They got out near some anchored freighters and reversed there course heading back towards the marina. I figured I’d pass behind them. I watched them pass my track. I looked down to check my chart and plot my track. I looked up and was surprised that the cat has again reversed their course and they were heading back across my track. And we were about to collide. I altered course crossed in front of them and looked at them they were in the salon looking a bit bewildered. I got the sense they had the right away because they were sailing and everyone were to get out of there way even if they just turned in front of them.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I spent a week on a new FP 44 last month, and yes, it is sailing. Sailing with 4 staterooms, 2 heads, 2 propulsion engines, two bottoms, and more fiberglass than a man can buff-out in a week! Not for me. But the ladies LOVE these things! If you could find a gal who was handy with a buffer and bottom paint, or one with a trust fund to retain the maintenance crew you are golden.