Is this board falling out of the well or should it be this low on the trailer?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
To the upper right is daylight between the hull and bunk board whisk is not good. The bunk boards should be carrying the weight of boat

There should be a keel tray as I know the trailer. To the right of the forward section of centerboard, I see a hole in the trailer beam. An oval head bolt goes through that hole to hold in place a keel tray.

Essentially the centerboard is being jammed against the trailer cross beams. The boat needs to be lifted up higher by raising the bunk boards quickly.

Is that a manic tilt trailer?

• Helpful
Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
I can not identity the trailer make. the previous owner had the boat three years. I just pulled it back from Jupiter Florida to Lawrenceville Georgia. The Survey was done by John Hamilton in Jupiter last week. it is 1998 H240.

Jun 12, 2021
it appears to me that the swing keel is not attached to me boat. the Hunter drawings do not show it as being that for out of the well when retracted. I'm afraid that if I put it in the water I will lose the keel. patbratton@gmail.com.
Crazy Dave has advised taking the boat to Snug Harbor and sling it off the trailer to test the keel. He may be right. I am going to float the boat this morning to see just how much weight is on the board while on the trailer. I don't think that there is as much as It looks. There are only two supports on the bed boards and the space between them are carrying the boat weight. Details will follow.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021
there is also no adjustment left to raise the bunk boards.

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Don't be concerned about the amount of centerboard showing- that looks normal to me when on the trailer. It does not retract all the way into the hull. Looks identical to my previous H240.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It does look like there has been some work around the trunk.

However, it also looks like shipping more of the CB up into the trunk wouldn't leave enough rotation on that notch to allow for full lowering.

With a car jack, and a padded block lift the bow off the trailer and see if the CB lifts with it.

-Will

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Have spoken with poster at length and have made suggestions. I will follow his progress helping him. Will post under new h240 thread