Is this a MacGregor Cabin table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
Found this in my boat and was curious if it came with the boat? If so, where does it mount?

As you can see from the pictures below, it is black in color and has two pegs on the leg that look like they should fit some holes.

ForumRunner_20121111_080344.jpg

View attachment 58160

ForumRunner_20121111_080411.jpg

ForumRunner_20121111_080451.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
MacGregor/Venture 25 Mesa AZ
That is why my wife refuses to go out in the sailboat; she's afraid of looking at the table in that position :) That does not look like the original Mac table

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
Yes it is the original 26D table. It is upside down though...and looks to have a pirates leg.
It will fit in the aft berth as 1/4 of the boards that cover the storage under the queen berth.
I don't know why it has a different leg. It should have an aluminum leg that fits into a fitting on the bottom of the table top.
The one edge of the table should hook in to the sink area by way of small pegs.

Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
finding41 said:
Yes it is the original 26D table. It is upside down though...and looks to have a pirates leg.
It will fit in the aft berth as 1/4 of the boards that cover the storage under the queen berth.
I don't know why it has a different leg. It should have an aluminum leg that fits into a fitting on the bottom of the table top.
The one edge of the table should hook in to the sink area by way of small pegs.
Ah thanks! I wondered what those 3 wood colored boards were for that were strewn haphazerdly across the aft. Note to self, no more buying boats from dead people who aren't around to explain all their mods! Especially that scary looking "eject" lever in the laz :-D

In the most forward bow section of your cabin's v-birth, do you also have a rough cut square hole that gives you some extra storage room in the bow? Or maybe the P.O. cut it to get acess behind the bow hook bedding.

The cut doesn't have the factory look to it (I'll try to remember to take a pic later).

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
....In the most forward bow section of your cabin's v-birth, do you also have a rough cut square hole that gives you some extra storage room in the bow? Or maybe the P.O. cut it to get acess behind the bow hook bedding....

I'm about sure the PO did that and there was flotation in there....

....at least there is with the S. I cut and ...

.... covered the hole above so I could bolt the anchor rollers on,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links

Nov 23, 2011
Quote from MacNCheese: Especially that scary looking "eject" lever in the laz :-D

So what is that leaver for anyway?

Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
finding41 said:
Quote from MacNCheese: Especially that scary looking "eject" lever in the laz :-D

So what is that leaver for anyway?
I wasn't able to figure it out.

Nov 23, 2011
I wasn't able to figure it out.
What is it connected to inside the laz?

The picture is in the aft berth of my 26D. I had to replace all the hatch covers except for the table. It was in great shape. All the others were coming apart.
I used 3/4" ply with 1 oil prime coat and 4 finish coats. Sanded between finish coat 1 and 2. I put 3" strips of Velcro on each long side near the corners to stop them from moving. (I should have used 1" pieces of Velcro. They are tough to get off now!)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.