Is there a Hunter 27 Edge out there?

s greg

May 13, 2021
mcgregor 26 gulf shores
I have been looking to buy a 27 Edge but can't find one anywhere in the US. I go to the for sale websites but the ads are old and the boat is long been sold.
Is there a comparison to the 27 Edge? I need to trailer from time to time too. Helm steer only, with motor central to the beam.
Is there anything out there?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

I see a lot of Hunter 27 Edge sailboats for sale on the used sailboat listing sites. Where sites have you looked and where are you located?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The edge was hunters response to the Macgregor 26M and 26X

s greg

May 13, 2021
mcgregor 26 gulf shores
I have been looking to buy a 27 Edge but can't find one anywhere in the US. I go to the for sale websites but the ads are old and the boat is long been sold.
Is there a comparison to the 27 Edge? I need to trailer from time to time too. Helm steer only, with motor central to the beam.
Is there anything out there?
I have looked at the normal boat sites that mention 27's for sale but few to choose from. I did see a couple of older boats but they were outside the US or in Cal state which is too far for me to go.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I am curious what the edge has to offer that is not also available in the Mac 26X or 26M? I see you already sail a Mac 26 so I am assuming you have a S or D model. If that assumption is correct then I assume you want to pull a tube or skier and want to "up grade" to a hybrid.

s greg

May 13, 2021
mcgregor 26 gulf shores
Here is one in Florida

Thanks for looking, I contacted the site the boat was sold, that seems to be the problem with the sites, they don't remove the postings and wastes our time inquiring. My dad had a Mac 26, but that was a few years back and he sold it when they moved away from the water. I was looking for a similar models and the Hunter edge seems to fit what I want.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
It seems to me that you might want to change your search to looking for a cream puff Mac that someone wants to give away. Coincidentally as you search a hidden Hunter may find you or maybe even an unknown soulmate sailboat.

Jul 17, 2021
Northeastern Dory 17 Arlington
Sorry to dig up and older post, but s Greg, did you find your edge? I'm here in Dallas Texas and I'd love to buy a hunter edge as well, but I'm only seeing ones in Netherlands at the moment.

Jul 26, 2021
Nor'sea marine Nor'sea 27 Naples
@rgranger is correct. Boat was 15 years too late being produced by hunter. As a dealer I introduced that boat
I am also looking for this boat, the last one I saw sold in Vancouver, there were two other listings that sold in the wintertime in Massachussetts and another on in Georgia, nothing since then in the Americas. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments