Is my endcap shot?

hewebb

Oct 8, 2011
Catalina Catalina 25 Joe Pool Lake
If it was mine I would replace it. Some would probably weld it which would add some stress areas and distort it some.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I'm impressed you were able to get them off. I tried a few years ago and broke a screw off trying. Decided to leave them be. It looks like there is foreign material like a liquid metal in there. I would replace the gooseneck side anyways. That one can take a lot of stress especially in an accidental jibe.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
You should be able to buy those parts directly from the CatalinaYachts factory parts department. Call the number on the website www.catalinayachts.com

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
Whenever I look at posts like this, I check the boat size and age first. Is the question "Can I make this functional and spend as little money as possible?" Yes, Large washers stacked around the boss sandwiched with epoxy would do the trick, provided the spring sits on top. But is this the best way? No. If your pockets are deep enough, replace the part. If you had somebody weld it, it may not work, Castings don't weld very well though a real good welder could get it done. But, it may cost the same as a new one.

Nov 7, 2012
1978 Catalina 30 Wilbur-by-the-Sea
Waiting to hear from Catalina Yachts. CD has the part but it has sheaves mine does not. Really do not want to cut my boom to make it fit.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
You might be able to get by with a heavy duty hose clamp. Can't tell how much room is there.

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
Buy the part. Even a welder will have to use high frequency tig which generally is expensive. Even a button headed rig would have trouble getting into that hole. It's gone I'm sorry to say..