Is it too early to put in?

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
SPLASH!!!! finally exactly one day later than last year.... and just as much company (1st sailboat in, 2nd boat in, and probably doesn't count as it was a camper that put his boat in).

Got to shake down the new 135 as well. It was a long day, I was struggling with getting my rough tune done... for some reason I thought I could start the season with my rig tuned as it was when I wintered her... no so much, backstay was so short I couldn't beg a way to get the forestay pin in! I wound up starting from scratch loosening everything up, and checking for true, then maximum forestay, then 12inches of rake, then 1 inch of prebend, then snugging up the aft lowers...

It was a VERY long day. Dropped a pin in the water (that stunk)... I had a spare but of course I found it after I went home.

Some conclusions.
This setup for the dolly wheels is PERFECT! Easy peasy strap launch, thanks for the idea Chris!

This 8:1 outhaul is great to tighten the outhaul, crappy to loosen it... Might need to drop down to 6:1 or 4:1 again this is the same rig available for the Capri 22.

Cupholders work great!

125 works good

VHF antenna... well I am worried.. I installed the antenna correctly, but I might have an open circuit somewhere. I wasn't impressed with the FM reception I had, and (while the lake is empty and all), I got no response on my radio checks. I had hoped the antenna on top of the mast would give me better receive/transmit, but oh well (another day).

No sailing until mid-week next week. Busy busy busy... but I did sail a bit, and managed to put the boat up on her ear a few times... good to be back in!
Beautiful sun shiny 70+ day... I even got sunburnt! Found the sunscreen, and moved on... but still, it felt like summer was coming soon! Winds were light and variable, 5-8 in the cove and 8-15 out of it. I only sailed for about an hour, just long enough to remind myself why I do this.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Chris...
A) There is surgery that makes that moot (an investment I made because my ex was nuts!)
B) YES pulling out late from our lake means suffering hypothermia during the process, or worse having to chip your boat out of the ice!