Is it real or not?

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
My dad always told me as a child, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." Seems, now, you can't believe anything you see, either.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
A lot of them seemed cartoonish to me. I'm not sure if they were all AI generated or if some were and some weren't. And we were supposed to guess which were or were not. The dogs in the snow was the closest to real but the one dog had an eye lock on the camera, something a dog wouldn't know to do. Like some of the others, that was outside information which made it unbelievable. Like, does it even snow in Tokyo?
The Monastery looked real. I have no outside knowledge to confirm or deny it existence. The same with the lighthouse.
Maybe distinguishing between reality and AI dis-reality is your own knowledge and experience. Same as with any other BS. Keep your brain working!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Imagine if someone used that to suggest that there was a war between worlds and a Martian invasion taking place. Oh the chaos that would ensue, and how would we ever trust anything we heard after that.

Snark aside, my point is that society has had the capability to misquote people for millennia, put it in print for centuries, and photoshop images for decades. Each time we’ve adapted to the new technology to get the good from it and mostly manage the side effects.

A lot of them seemed cartoonish to me. I'm not sure if they were all AI generated or if some were and some weren't. And we were supposed to guess which were or were not
From the video description - “All the clips in this video were generated directly by Sora without modification.” The fact that you thought maybe some of them might not be AI says something about their realism.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Lawmakers are considering forcing AI images to be labeled , like food items.

I liked the Gold Rush Town fly over.

Jim...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Most AI generated images and movie clips I have seen had something wrong with them. For the virtual people it creates, it's usually in the hands, the fingers are deformed or the finger count is off. But it doesn't seem like it will be long before such flaws will disappear.

In a thread on the boat design network that asked, where did one see boat design going in the next twenty years, I got blasted by an architect for suggesting AI boat design, from SOR to factory build would allow for wildly varied designs. The guy said I was going to get people hurt, putting out ideas like that.

AI is getting better faster then ever.

-Will