Is it ok to leave Shower Sump constantly on while docked?

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
If you are searching for the leak in the water hoses I suggest you start by looking at the shower manifold. I have already come across 2 Hunter boats leaking at the connections of this manifold. That is 50% of all the Hunters I have boarded. Apparently Hunter Marine did not sufficiently tighten the screw connections to the manifold. The push fittings of the Pex tubing were done OK, but not the screw fittings. I had loose screw fittings on 2 different places on my Hunter 38.

Nov 19, 2021
Hunter 410 King Harbor
Thanks everyone for the replies, with the holiday last week I haven't had the chance to update this thread. I turned the water pressure off and relieved all pressure from the galley sink last week, returning the next day the sump was still at the same level I left it, which adds to my suspicion that the leak is from the domestic water somehow making it into the drain line. I need to look closer at the aft shower faucet and nozzle, when in use the nozzle doesn't seal very well at all but it seems to close completely by the valves. Is the shower drain fed by anything other than the tub that could be leaking?

Senang, are you referencing the connection from the shower faucet to the nozzle hose? that would make sense if that also feeds to the drain below from below the tub

The aft sump in question has only two lines coming in, the aft shower and the fridge box, I'm fairly confident its not the fridge.

Thanks again for all the help

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
No way. :badbad:
It fits perfectly, has good breakers, strains hair, has good operation, and easy access. Plus the newest Rule Sump Box design is sealed, as is the wiring.
I have an 07 H38 and for the life of me cannot figure out how to access the shower sump. Any ideas?

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
Mine in near and lower than the shower drain and near the refrigerator.
But...
Others have said that their H38 are not built like mine.
This is a link to what I have...
Shower Drain Systems | Xylem US

So that box is 9.5"x 9" x 5". Very noticeable.
Jim...
yeah, I have no clue on mine. I have manuals for a couple of years, I think there were some model changes even within the "38" line, but none seem accurate.