Is it just me?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
.................. or does anyone else collect pictures of "fixer upper specials" where just a coat of paint is all you need to make 'er good as new ? That, and anything else should just buff right out.

Attachments

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Re: Is it Just Me .................

I've got a bunch, some of 'em still floating! :)

Makes me really glad about our boat!

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma

Seeing things like that make me wonder what the story behind them is. There are a few boats at the my marina that pretty obvioulsy haven't been touched in years. Kind of sad to see them rot in place.

Nov 3, 2009
Sabre 36 Marblehead

All you have to do is cruise the Florida coast. Where old boats go to die.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Is it just me……..

It's pretty sad that these boats have gotten to their present condition. What's even sadder is that some people who are new to boating have actually bought some of these derelict boats with the dream of restoring them and cruising around the world. Many don't have a clue to what their in for. Just check out Ebay and see what people are bidding on. Scary stuff!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/45-Foot-Sai...item2586c9e9a8&item=161175169448&pt=Sailboats

I bet that Craigslist marketing wizard can write a great ad and sell these boats before the end of the month. Great holiday gift for the dreamer on your list.

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
I've seen a few anchored and abandoned. Sad comment on the despiration of the owner. Some in the original post look as though they were initially storm damaged and beyond repair.

When you start thinking, "I could fix that boat", you need to run, not walk away. Although........

Attachments

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I've seen a few anchored and abandoned. Sad comment on the despiration of the owner. Some in the original post look as though they were initially storm damaged and beyond repair.

When you start thinking, "I could fix that boat", you need to run, not walk away. Although........
Dang, I think I could fix those boats. The ones in your post, not the previous post.

That's quite the keel.

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
If You Could Fix Those Boats ..............

Dang, I think I could fix those boats. The ones in your post, not the previous post.

That's quite the keel.
.................. then this is definitely the boat for you. Can only be viewed at low tide.

Serious enquiries only, please.

Attachments