is it advisable or feasable?

A

Anomymous 163294

i want to ad just a little bit more headroom to my boat. how hard would it be to make a pop top for this or is it even doable? something like the cattalina 22 ? also want to maybe try to make the head enclosed? suggestions? (besides getting a bigger boat) im good with what i have. not looking to go bigger.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Probably depends on your skills.

cutting the top, adding some sort of overlap for the “new” pop top, lifting mechanism, etc.

Greg

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
It shouldn't take much to convert the sliding hatch into a pop-top type hatch. To cut off the entire coach roof and reglass it would be quite a project.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
It would be easier and likely cheaper to trade for a C-22 with a pop-top.

A

Anomymous 163294

nope. not gonna happen. i will just make a dodger .or buy one if i want to stand.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
nope. not gonna happen. i will just make a dodger .or buy one if i want to stand.
Your project is doable, but only if you're not doing anything else this winter. The forum has plenty of similar sized - or bigger - projects. See @B757Captain for example. I totally admire the skills and perseverence displayed. Makes for great reading too. Have at it!

A

Anomymous 163294

Your project is doable, but only if you're not doing anything else this winter. The forum has plenty of similar sized - or bigger - projects. See @B757Captain for example. I totally admire the skills and perseverence displayed. Makes for great reading too. Have at it!
hes done a remarkable job in repairing. wish i had a boat like his. lol. way to big for me. but very nice.

A

Anomymous 163294

Enlarge the companionway and integrate it into a hard dodger? It sounds feasible to me. The dodger should even add to the stiffness of the cabin top.

-Will
i was thinking on a dodger like this one. seems very doable but , not sure if i can get one like this or not for a reasonable price.

Attachments

A

Anomymous 163294

as of right now, im fixing a few things. some to mention are redoing the stanchions with butyl, the forestay plate, the front nose rail. all need to be redone with butyl and plastic spacers (wich are not original ) need to be takin off . all mildew under the cockpit will be grinded out with flapper disk, 2 bulkheads under the cockpit need to be built as there was none when i got it. (seperating the cabin from the lockers). new wiring (boat and mast) installing new led mast and cabin lights. and a few others ..... so yes this winter will be busy for me. lol