Irwin 39 Yanmar info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2010
Irwin 39 Toronto
I have an Irwin 39 with the 3 cyl Yanmar, 27 HP. Boat is 1981. Has a 3 blade prop.
If anyone has the same configurtion what RPM do you cruise? What is your boat speed at this RPM?
Cheers and thank you

B

bambaclot

irwin 39

I have an Irwin 39 with the 3 cyl Yanmar, 27 HP. Boat is 1981. Has a 3 blade prop.
If anyone has the same configurtion what RPM do you cruise? What is your boat speed at this RPM?
Cheers and thank you
I also have an Irwin 39. I just bought it infact and motored it from Ft. Meyers to Stuart via the Okeechobee water way. So far I love the boat. It has the same engine as yours. As I was coming across the state I kept the engine RPM's around 1800. This was recommended by the previous owner and it seemed to provide the most efficient speed with the least noise and vibration. My boat has a tendency to pull to starboard while motoring along. Once I get a chance to actually sail the boat I'll see if it was prop walk or a rudder imbalance. Anyway if you have any other questions it might be better to respond right to one of my emails. I will probably lose the link to this post. I also have a bunch of questions for you (if you don't mind) about sailing characteristics and your overall opinion of the vessel so far. Feel free to email me. Thanks. Gunar
luhtag@yahoo.com

Oct 7, 2008
Ranger 26 Mandeville, LA
i have a 3qm3o on my 40'er. is this what you have? boy am i learning about what can and cannot be purchased for this engine. so far so good

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Great engine those QMs. And I never found that parts were a problem. I always found what I needed at Torresen Marine. I have since upgraded to a 3YM30 but the 2QM went into a boat in NJ and thirty-one years later I would bet it is still going strong.

galynd

Nov 1, 2009
Beneteau 36cc port arthur, tx
I replaced my original 3gmd (20 hp, raw water cooled) with a 3gm30f (29 hp, fresh water cooled) about 6 months ago. It pushes my 34 about 6 knots/hr at 1800 rpm's. I've wondered if my tach is off. 3 blade prop. however the prop walk is horrible in reverse. great engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.