Irwin 34 Stanchion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2012
Irwin 34 Bayfield
Does anyone know where a replacement stanchion can be found for a 1983 Irwin 34? Due to it's unique placement on both the toe-rail and deck it's not something that is generally available via catalogs. Am I going to having to have it made by someone? any help is appreciated.

Feb 21, 2012
Irwin Citation 34 South Portland
By the way, it's the FREE BOAT mentioned in this forum. He has a furling head sail, mast, some rigging, the motor which looks good but is the 16 horsepower one, and some other stuff, deck hardware and such.

Jul 21, 2013
Irwin Citation 34 Deale, MD
Does anyone know where a replacement stanchion can be found for a 1983 Irwin 34? Due to it's unique placement on both the toe-rail and deck it's not something that is generally available via catalogs. Am I going to having to have it made by someone? any help is appreciated.
Hi, I don't know if anyone's responded to your question.I have citation 34 (1980) and I bent a stanchion completely over so it was pointing downward (I fell off the boat at the dock, and my weight bent the stanchion almost broke my arm. Anyway, it has a strange/unique base that goes into the deck pretty far. I took in out and went to a local metal fabricator (in Deale MD). He couldn't straighten it, so he cut off the part of the tube above the base-plate (he cut off the bent part). Then he welded a new tube on that old base and it works like a charm. You can see a "weld line" near the base, but I don't care and I "rarely" show it at the Annapolis Boat Show (that's a joke). Hope this helps. Fabricator charged me 75 dollars. Took him less than an hour with the right equipment/shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.