Irwin 30 Citation slide out bunk?

Apr 19, 2014
Irwin 30 citation Bath North carolina
Hello all, new to the forum but hope someone can help me with this question. I have an Irwin 30 citation. In the main salon on the port side, there seems to be a slide out bunk. the bunk at the bulkhead has a slide rail yet there is nothing on the companion way hatch end to hold the opposite end of the bunk up. I havent had this boat very long and dont know much about this particular model, but I was wondering if I am missing something or if the slide out bunk is just for acess to something. I would really like to make it possible to pull out this bunk to make a larger sleeping surface. The foscile is a little to cozy for me and my girl. I have no doubt that I could manufacture some type of leg or bracket to make this work, but if there is a part already available, I would prefer to go that way. Well, thanks in advance for any help! Randall

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Welcome. Nice boat.

In many cases, there is a simple "leg" that supports that end. If there's not one on your boat, get some 1x1 or 2x2 wood and cut to suit.

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks!

Welcome. Nice boat.

In many cases, there is a simple "leg" that supports that end. If there's not one on your boat, get some 1x1 or 2x2 wood and cut to suit.
I was kinda thinking that. For once, a simple fix! Thanks so much for your response! Randall

Fair winds and blue skies

May 9, 2014
Irwin 31 Citation Sturgeon Bay
slide out bunk support

Hello all, new to the forum but hope someone can help me with this question. I have an Irwin 30 citation. In the main salon on the port side, there seems to be a slide out bunk. the bunk at the bulkhead has a slide rail yet there is nothing on the companion way hatch end to hold the opposite end of the bunk up. I havent had this boat very long and dont know much about this particular model, but I was wondering if I am missing something or if the slide out bunk is just for acess to something. I would really like to make it possible to pull out this bunk to make a larger sleeping surface. The foscile is a little to cozy for me and my girl. I have no doubt that I could manufacture some type of leg or bracket to make this work, but if there is a part already available, I would prefer to go that way. Well, thanks in advance for any help! Randall
Hi, If your Citation is like my 1984 31 foot Citation, it will have two threaded inserts in the slide out portion of that bunk. One threaded insert is on the companionway end and one insert is near the middle. look around in your storage berths behind each salon berth for two wooden legs with threaded bolts in one end.

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks!

Hi, If your Citation is like my 1984 31 foot Citation, it will have two threaded inserts in the slide out portion of that bunk. One threaded insert is on the companionway end and one insert is near the middle. look around in your storage berths behind each salon berth for two wooden legs with threaded bolts in one end.

I have looked for some type of legs tucked away somewhere but have been unfortunate. I will simply make some type of folding leg out of mahogany. It should be pretty straight forward. Next I have to figure out how to manufacture a cushion to fit on the larger bed. Not sure what was there originally, it looks as if after factory cushions are used here. Thanks for your help!