IRWIN 25

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Hello all, I am looking at an Irwin 25. I am not familiar with this boat. Can you please tell me anything about her?
Stability?
Craftsmanship?
Things to look for in a pre-purchase look?

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Boat had a short build history-7 years 1969-76. Trailer day sailing boat. Imagined as a coastal pocket yacht. No manuals. Going to be pretty much what you see is what you get.

Capsize Screening Formula:
Comfort Ratio:

Designed for short people
Headroom:
5.75 ft / 1.75 m

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Here is a review of the Irwin 37 with comments on their strategy, and manufacturing quality:

A couple of quotes:

”Irwin Yachts built boats of mediocre quality and finish and marketed them to buyers looking for as much boat as possible for the price.”

”Irwin Yachts was considered to have the most notoriously slipshod quality control among the larger boat builders. No other boats have as poor a reputation for warranty claims, delays in commissioning, missing or incorrect parts, and mislocated hardware as Irwin. Similarly an examination of virtually any Irwin-built boat reveals details that reflect cost savings but are problems; some, in our opinion, serious (gate valves on all through hull fittings) and some trivial (through hull fittings not installed flush with the hull).”

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
That's the most blistering review on a boat that I have seen! You never see reviews saying that type of stuff.....good for them. That's what makes Practical Sailor the best boating magazine around.

• Wow