Interior Woodwork Care

Apr 4, 2015
Morgan 321 Stockton, MO
I am a new owner of a 1981 321. It has been well cared-for, and I am wanting to keep it that way. What would you suggest as a care product for the interior woodwork? I am a little nervous as I don't want to mess it up right out of the gate. Thank you.

Jan 22, 2008
Islander Freeport, 41 Ketch Longmont, CO
You indicated that the interior was in very good shape, for the interior woodwork we simply use a rag and furniture oil, a light wipe down each season is all we do. The interior usually doesn't get the abuse the outside does and so generally requires a lot less work than the exterior woodwork.

Fair winds,

Victor

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
when we got our boat, the head which is teak, (whereas the salon is mahogany) which was water stained and faded..

we tried wiping it with different oils and nothing really worked like i expected it to.

but then I came up with an idea of using lemon pledge, which in the spray can goes on thick... I sprayed it on, let it set over the weekend without wiping it off, and when we returned to the boat, the teak was again a rich brown and with no water stains showing.

so from that day on, lemon pledge in the spray can is the only thing we use...