Interior Cushions 29.5

Aug 17, 2015
Hunter 22 on trailer
I just purchased a 1994. H29.5 there are no interior cushions. Need help making the cushions or where can they be found. Will be moving the boat to new marina this weekend.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
There should be a local upholster in your area who can quote the job, but be prepared for a large investment.
There are also videos online from Sailrite and others that talk about pattern making and sewing tips.
The foam itself will be a major portion of the overall expense.

Aug 17, 2015
Hunter 22 on trailer
Thanks for the reply. Was wondering where to get the info on the cushion design and types of foam for them

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
There are many suppliers of foam on the web. If you plan on sleeping on them for more than a night, be very sure you understand the various categories and grades,
There is "firm" and then there is "FIRM". There is "closed cell" and "open cell".
If you go to a local company, they will have samples or cut offs or full sized stock to try out.
Also, make sure you get foam thick enough to last more than a couple of seasons.
Many boats were built with three inch foam that should have come with four inch.

Aug 17, 2015
Hunter 22 on trailer
Will mostly be daysailing on the lake. Really just trying to dress the interior up so it is more like what the boat looks like in pictures. I do appreciate you replying to my question.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations in your new boat!!

ggrizzard............gave you a good start. Unless you are a DIY'er and have all the tools, want to chase down all the materials, want to be challenged on making measurements, sewing and filling the cushion with foam, which is a technique in itself, suggest getting a quote from you local canvas shop then decide if you want to tackle the project yourself.

Refer to this article and video on making cusions: How to Make Salon Cushions - Sailrite
I purchased reasonably low cost extra firm (XL-48) cushion foam from these guys: Welcome to Buyfoam

Last edited:

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
The only cushions we replace on our 29.5 was the aft berth. We bought a double bed size 8 inch memory foam mattress. Fit without trimming and is extremely comfortable.

Aug 19, 2021
Hunter 280 White House Cove Marina
The only cushions we replace on our 29.5 was the aft berth. We bought a double bed size 8 inch memory foam mattress. Fit without trimming and is extremely comfortable.
What a great idea.