Interior Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Jackson

In my research to purchase a new Catalina 42mkII I found out through the dealer that the interior is changing to have a centerline berth in the forepeak rather than the pullman berth to port. The forward head will move aft of the main forward cabin. Does anyone else have additional information on this?

A

Art Golden

42 layout changes

Hope thats not the only option....I prefer the layout with the head forward which gives you a larger shower.

E

Ernie April

Glad I've got the earlier model

One important reason for our going with the C-42 mk II was the pulmon berth NOT at the forepeak. Being back by the mast makes for a better ride at sea and at anchor. Ernie April WindCatcher (#618)

R

Rhys Wilkie

Pullman Berth

We much prefer the Pullman berth with the head forward on our 1992 C42. Why would Catalina change such a proven, popular design? A forward centerline berth looks good mainly at boat shows.

T

Tony Williams

Pullman berth

When I was looking around to buy my boat, I knew that I would be living on it for a year or two while trying to save up enough money to pay off the loan! Two critical criteria for me were a) No V-berth! And b) No after-berth directly beneath the cockpit. Neither of these, IMO, are a practical proposition for periods of more than a couple of days. Aside from some center cockpit boats, the Catalina 42 was one of the few boats to offre a pullman berth. I think it's fantastic and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Tony. Windriver (#678)

Status
Not open for further replies.