Interesting Material

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Came across this stuff http://www.3pquickcureputty.com/default_v3.aspx a few days ago and figured it would be good to fix oversized holes in fiberglass and wood and plastics, and maybe some metals like aluminum. I have no commercial interest in the product.. in a nutshell, it is a putty that heat sets when you want it to.. you can manipulate the stuff as long as you want, then when you have it in place and shaped like you want, you take a hot iron and heat a small part of the surface.. The reaction starts and progresses through the thickness in less than a minute, leaving a hard, tough material with excellent adhesion properties.. it feels a lot like silica filled epoxy.. can be drilled and tapped in a couple of minutes after you set it with heat. check out the videos.. I put some on clean plexiglass scrap and shaped it and then heat set it .. it cured as advertised and is really stuck to the plexi.. I haven't called the inventor to see if it might be degraded by UV.. anyway, some new stuff to put in the tool room.