Interesting idea...

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Also, a wind vane keeps others from anchoring astern, even if you don’t have it turning

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Then there is the opposite- nice quiet evening, cold cocktail in hand AND the boat next to you brings the generator on deck, lights it off ——— THEN leaves in their dink for dinner ashore. This equals Two hours of the wife keeping me restrained so I don’t go throw the gen overboard.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Then there is the opposite- nice quiet evening, cold cocktail in hand AND the boat next to you brings the generator on deck, lights it off ——— THEN leaves in their dink for dinner ashore. This equals Two hours of the wife keeping me restrained so I don’t go throw the gen overboard.
Wait till they return and settle in for the night, then break out the bagpipes! I suspect it won't take an hour before they'll be ready to negotiate a peace & quiet treaty.

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Peggie,
Your input is always great- now I need to get bagpipes and a place to store aboard

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I once saw a picture of an old guy standing in his cockpit "full monte" taking a slow shower as the sun was falling towards the horizon. There was not a single boat in close proximity.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It's gotta be a live performance...they'll just ask you turn down the volume if it's a recording. Although a John Phillips Sousa march at sunrise can be effective, especially if the folks "next door" have stayed up late partying, forcing you to listen their music.
--Peggie

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Regarding the boat that started the generator and then went to dinner in the dingy..

Next time you find the shed skin from a snake (rattle snake would be best but not necessary), carefully save the skin intact.
You could have left the snake skin in the cockpit of the noisy boat while there were gone. Putting up with the generator noise for a while would probably be worth getting to listen to the conversation on the boat when the people came back and were speculating about where the rest of the snake was.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
It is such a crazy phenomena.... We had hundreds of yards of a beautiful anchorage last weekend. We were the first boat in... then came 4 other boats and one by one they all squeezed together right around us. I just shake my head

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You gave a like? Is it that you want to emulate the image or that you laughed so hard your fingers stumbled upon the like button..