interested in buying a 310

Apr 17, 2021
Catalina 310 Chicago
The 310 is on my short list of candidates for our next/last sailboat. Please let me know if you're on or near Lake Michigan and thinking about selling yours.

Paul

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Good choice, Paul. The C310 is always in demand, and usually sells quickly. I hope your search is successful, and you get to enjoy the unique features of this most excellent boat.

Apr 17, 2021
Catalina 310 Chicago
Thanks, but I'd really prefer a fresh water hull if I can find one.

What do you have in mind for your next boat?

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
Thanks, but I'd really prefer a fresh water hull if I can find one.

What do you have in mind for your next boat?
Upper Chessy is fresh water.
No more boats, just kitesurfing in the ocean.

Apr 17, 2021
Catalina 310 Chicago
I didn't know that about the Chesapeake. Still, the cost of travel and transport probably makes it impractical to consider a vessel outside my time zone.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We do all our sailing on the Great Lakes with our 310, Erie, Huron, Michigan and the longest we have sailed is 6 weeks, We loved our trip and STILL love our boat and each other!
310 is a Great choice, I would keep watching the usual sites and do your due diligence!

Apr 17, 2021
Catalina 310 Chicago
One has turned up in Sandusky OH, about four hours from here. But I haven't had the opportunity to see it yet.

Nov 24, 2014
Catalina 310 Staten Island
The 310 is on my short list of candidates for our next/last sailboat. Please let me know if you're on or near Lake Michigan and thinking about selling yours.

Paul
Although I had some bad luck with it this summer in the form of a hard grounding and bent rudder post; overall I have been delighted. One factor that influenced my choice was the knowledge of how production boat builders cut cost and streamline production. One practice is to use the same size hardware and scantlings in 3 different boat sizes. The result is having the smallest boat being overbuilt and the largest cutting it a bit close. The Catalina has the same standing rigging, chainplates, and shrouds of boats over 35 feet and uses the same size keelbolts as their 42 footer. This saved my boat and butt last summer when I ran aground. While I did bend the rudder post, their was no damage to the hull/keel joint other than some cracking of the barrier coat.