Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Bruno

I am ready to buy a new 26X this spring. It has been brought to my attention that the self bailing cockpit may allow water in. Is this a concern and does it effect insurance rates. I have been quoted about $750 per year for coverage. How does that sound? Any comments welcomed. Tom

R

Rich Nutting

Too high for insurence

I just picked up a new Mac 26x today (12/9/00) from The Anchorage in Lyons, CO. I'm insuring it through my American Family agent who also covers my home and cars. Yearly cost is $247.00 which includes coverage for boat, trailer, Big Foot motor, lots of liability, personal belongings left on the boat, and a $26.00 first-year surcharge. I'd sure shop around for coverage. $700.00 plus seems way out of line. Best of luck.

D

David A Anderson

Yep----too much

Just like Rich Nutting, I bought a MacGregor 26D (used) from the anchorage last November. In addition to Myself and my wife, my brother is also on the title so we are paying a little more for multiple owners. But we still only pay about $200+ per year with State Farm Insurance. But then, also like Rich, we live in Colorado, and there is no Bermuda Triangle here (ha ha). But seriously, we don't have hurricanes, or other hazards of the sea. I don't know if that would be built into your premium...

B

Brian Shanahan

High rates

Boat US is charging 417 less 42 no loss credit or 375. got a quote from Allstate for 269, but they do not provde fuel spill coverage. Think I'll stay with current policy. Open transoms are pretty much accepted design for some years now.

B

Brian Shanahan

High rates

Boat US is charging 417 less 42 no loss credit or 375. got a quote from Allstate for 269, but they do not provde fuel spill coverage. Think I'll stay with current policy. Open transoms are pretty much accepted design for some years now.

G

George Haus

Way too much for insurance

The best deal that I've found is with AAA (the auto club people). Full insurance (liability, comprehensive, medical, etc.) for both on the water, trailoring, and storage) runs me just a little over $100. Note: I have AAA membership and my cars are insured with them too.

G

George Haus

Way too much for insurance

The best deal that I've found is with AAA (the auto club people). Full insurance (liability, comprehensive, medical, etc.) for both on the water, trailoring, and storage) runs me just a little over $100. Note: I have AAA membership and my cars are insured with them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.