installing sail slugs? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ron acierno

i am going to help my brother in law with his new mac 26x. we intend to install jiffy reef, bring main and reef lines to the cockpit, and install sail slugs--does the factory issue sail have rings for the sail slugs? is the boom sufficiently strong / thick to screw cheek bloks to?

M

Morris Rooms

Re sail & Boom questions

The sail does not come with rings already in the luff only a bolt rope. I got my slugs put in by Doyle as well as an intermediate set of reefing points at the same time, The boom is certainly strong enough to fit cheek blocks as I and many others have fitted jiffy reefing to the 26X, I also fitted lazy jacks.

R

ron acierno

thanks. you wouldn't have any photos would you?

thanks for info--would you have photos of your modifications? and why did you need a second set of reef points? were the first ones too low, not allowing enough sail to be taken in?

D

Dale

Sail Slugs

I sent my sails to a company called Sailrite in Indiana. They installed everything necessary on the sail. I also added an additional reefing point mid way between the existing reffing point and the foot. This I have found gives me more ability to fine tune the sails in higher winds by depowering the rig without taking to much sail out. Their add can be found in the back of Sail Magazine or saiilrite.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.