• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Installing engine space ventilation in a 1985 31 O'day

Nov 6, 2019
O'Day 31 Deja Vu II Solomons, MD
Hi -- I have a 1985 O'day 31. Read on practical sailor a review of the O'day 30 - 31 class, and they suggested adding sound installation to the engine compartment to cut down on the noise and vibration. Has anyone installed ventilation for the engine space as well? As has been noted on other sailboats of the era, it gets hot in there and both the heat and fumes drift into the cabin.

If you have undertaken this project, how and where did you install your ventilation? Did you add an inline blower fan to exhaust it outside? Any help or helpful guidance is appreciated.

Nov 6, 2019
O'Day 31 Deja Vu II Solomons, MD
I get the royalties if you use this.

A little bit overboard but a good winter project when I did it.
Wow @Ralph Johnstone, simply brilliant and perfectly detailed. You are indeed owed royalties!

It's thanks to good folks like you that I figured out and replaced the original engine issues stemming to terrible trailer lighting package used by the factory that melted down (and left you stranded unable to crank the engine over...let alone the fire hazard)