Installing an Inspection Plate on a Plastic Fuel Tank

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Hi Nodak7,

Here's the link to how I did mine. Pretty easy job.

Allan
I’m going to make a suggestion here, if that’s ok.
With respect to the bolt holes, it would be better to tap them with a UNF size, such as 10-32. (Of course your bolts need to match)
Then you can simply thread them in, and they’ll stay put for you to wind the nuts down from above.
For extra sealing, put a small O ring (fuel resistant) under the bolt head. It will seal it up well

Nov 21, 2019
hunter 380 france
Obligatory to have an inspection plate! I make that two days ago on my 380. Easy to make, and when i wash the tank... A lot of water and bactery.... With this inspection plate, large, i can sleep now!

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
I’m going to make a suggestion here, if that’s ok.
With respect to the bolt holes, it would be better to tap them with a UNF size, such as 10-32. (Of course your bolts need to match)
Then you can simply thread them in, and they’ll stay put for you to wind the nuts down from above.
For extra sealing, put a small O ring (fuel resistant) under the bolt head. It will seal it up well
Actually Art the holes in the upper and lower gaskets are tight enough that the bolts are held pretty tightly in place. I had no issuse with them trying to drop out. Additionally that tightness does not require the extra sealing of an O ring. Additionally I would be cautious with an O ring since it might make the compression of the plates and gaskets more difficult! IMHO

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Actually Art the holes in the upper and lower gaskets are tight enough that the bolts are held pretty tightly in place. I had no issuse with them trying to drop out. Additionally that tightness does not require the extra sealing of an O ring. Additionally I would be cautious with an O ring since it might make the compression of the plates and gaskets more difficult! IMHO
Ok, just a suggestion
Best of luck !!