Installing an additional rope clucht - how to

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2012
Bavaria 34 Kent Island, Maryland
I have a 2001 Bav 34. As you know, there is no access to below for through bolting additional rope clutches or even a cam cleat. How has anyone else installed these?

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
If the access issue is due to a fiberglass liner, then it's a fairly easy process.
Home deport sells chromed metal plugs that can be inserted into the appropriately sized holes. Drill a hole, through the liner, big enough for the backing washer and through bolt your clutch to the deck. Insert a plug an you're done. An additional step I did was to paint the plugs (sand the shine off and spray with a rattle can) to match the color of the liner and they are quite inconspicuous.

Cheers

Matt

May 21, 2012
Bavaria 34 Kent Island, Maryland
thanks for the idea. Pretty good. I had heard Bavaria installed an aluminum subplate under the glass...and that the other clutches were tapped into that plate. But, not having a metal detector, I didnt' know how to confirm that. guess I'll find out when I drill the pilot hole. Thanks again for hte reply.
If the access issue is due to a fiberglass liner, then it's a fairly easy process.
Home deport sells chromed metal plugs that can be inserted into the appropriately sized holes. Drill a hole, through the liner, big enough for the backing washer and through bolt your clutch to the deck. Insert a plug an you're done. An additional step I did was to paint the plugs (sand the shine off and spray with a rattle can) to match the color of the liner and they are quite inconspicuous.

Cheers

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.