Installing a dodger on an Islander 28?

• Thread starter Donald L. Hendrix
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donald L. Hendrix

I would love to add a dodger to my Islander 28 but it looks like this would not be possible (or the arrangement would not be very suitable) without moving the main sheet traveler track off of the cabin roof as in its present location it would be right in the center of the dodger. I was wondering if it would be possible to move the traveler track to a metal arch just below the boom and over the companion way entrance? The arch would then serve both for the traveler and an attachment for the dodger canvas. Has anybody seen such an arrangement? Can someone suggest a company who might be able to manufacture such an arch?

D

Donald L. Hendrix

Questions about your I-28 dodger installation

Wayne: I would be interested in seeing how you arranged your dodger so it could be stowed. I also would like to know the size and type of line you are using for your main sheet (Sta-Set Polyester braid?) and the type of fairlead block you used to direct the main sheet back towards the cockpit after it leaves the base of the mast. I see that from the picture in your post that you used a boom bail to mount a block near the base of the boom. Do you remember the dimensions of this bail? Are the bolts which connect the bail to the boom simply threaded into the boom or into a backing plate inside the boom?

Status
Not open for further replies.