Installed Zarcor doors on Cat310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2006
-Catalina C310 RNSYS
Late this summer I installed a set of doors I purchased from this site on my Catalina 310.

All in all, I was very happy with the outcome. One thing I did discover was that the companionway is not square, i.e. asymetrical. On side was a little longer in length. Also, the door top is not bevelled as the hatch boards are. If you trace your boards, on one side, they come a little long and you will have to sand them to make them fit.

The instructions were good and included a DVD.

Although many may find them pricey and yes, you could probably make a set for a lot less,... in my case, I don't have the time or the skill to produce a comparable product.

Attachments

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Chris
How about a picture from the inside.
Does it come with a lock on the inside?
My canvas door blew away so all I have now are the boards to keep the cold out.:troll:

paulj

Dec 7, 2008
Catalina 310 Waretown, NJ
Attaching the Keeper Block

Chris:

We recently purchased the Zarcor doors for our Catalina 310. How did you attached the keeper block on the hatch slider lid? The instructions said to be creative. Unfortunately, I'm not that creative. Any suggestions/pictures would be appreciated.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Zarcor doors

Love those Zarcor doors. We're thinking of installing some for winter cruising down here. Your'e right about the sides being asymetrical. We installed a set of folding screens in the companionway, and the manufacturer was very specific about measuring all sides of the companionway. Turned out to be a perfect fit. Of course, the screens are essential for cruising most of the year here. They also were pricey, but worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.