Installation of 12v/110 Refrigerator and Microwave.

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
I am an owner of a Oday 272. Really love this boat. Spend the weekends on her and sail frequently to the Channel Islands. Santa Cruz, Anacapa and Santa Rosa Islands. Really needed a 12v fridge and looked at other boaters installations. I made the decision to mount mine under the stairs because I had all that unused space. I went with a dometic and I am very happy. Although I did have to do a cutout in the back to get it in. Now I have a nice access panel for more room.

Also installed a microwave to use while at the slip. Since we have the carpeting as the headliner I used industrial velcro to attach. Works fantastic. Very sturdy.

Attachments

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
Nice work. Also extremely superb cushion fabric. What is it?
I wish I could tell you Stu. It came with the boat when I bought it. I am pretty sure its original. The previous owners never used the boat. It is very durable.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I wish I could tell you Stu. It came with the boat when I bought it. I am pretty sure its original. The previous owners never used the boat. It is very durable.
How much velcro did you apply to hold the microwave in place? It looks good. I have a plate holder/w/slots for knives and forks, etc. in that location so would have to maybe put it above the small cubby on the port side.

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
How much velcro did you apply to hold the microwave in place? It looks good. I have a plate holder/w/slots for knives and forks, etc. in that location so would have to maybe put it above the small cubby on the port side.
Three long pieces from West Marine. It held up great on a sail this weekend with 20 knot winds.

Nov 1, 2010
Oday 272 Brownstown, MI - Lake Erie Metro Park Marina
Nice job on the Dometic Cooler! Are you having any issues with eliminating the heat from the unit? We put a Wine Cooler in the same area but have the door access out the side. It works fair and only keeps beverage at 48F... Not real happy with temp and may change this season?
John

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
Nice job on the Dometic Cooler! Are you having any issues with eliminating the heat from the unit? We put a Wine Cooler in the same area but have the door access out the side. It works fair and only keeps beverage at 48F... Not real happy with temp and may change this season?
John
No that dometic works great. It has a real compressor. Not a cheap one. Paid 322.00 for it. Actually can be used as a freezer. Just a fridge for me. Amazon has the best prices and free shipping. I had a Engel on my last boat and it worked great. The dometic fit perfect in that spot thats why I went with it and I am so happy.