Input on vent requested

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
My boat has only one vent on the forward hatch, a passive vent. I'm going to replace it with a solar/battery vent. The other venting locations I want to use are two fixed ports, one in the shower stall to starboard and the other in the aft cabin to port; below are pictures of these. What would be a good vent for these fixed ports? As you can see, the ports are small. Also, they do provide light, so I need a clear vent. Thanks!
strb port.jpeg
port port.jpeg

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Do these portlights act as backrests when you're seated in the cockpit? Any vent mounted in those would mess that up. I think you'd be better off to put vents in the overhead if there's space.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Before you take the step of installing an outside vent, try a month of living with a circulating fan. Just buy a small cheap plug-in fan and mount it inside the cabin to keep the air moving. You may find you don't need to punch a hole through your boat to reduce mold or moisture condensation.

-Will

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
Do these portlights act as backrests when you're seated in the cockpit? Any vent mounted in those would mess that up. I think you'd be better off to put vents in the overhead if there's space.
What you see through the ports are line bags. People tend to rest against those, so a vent shouldn't get in the way. The issue with going through the overhead is the boat has a liner; I'm not sure how well the usual vent base would fit.