Info on a 36' Columbia please

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lou

I'm looking for any info from owners of a 36' Columbia preferbly a 1970. Things that you like about the boat and dislikes. Any info would be great. Thank you...Lou

J

Jay S. Tracy, Jr.

36 Columbia

Welcome Lou. I don't have a 36, but am in the process of rebuilding a C9.6. If you have any repairs to make the concepts are probably the same and I might be able to give some insite. I am, also, in Boston (Needham), but our boat is in Warwick, R.I. Jay T.

C

Cam Whetstone

I have a C36

I bought mine with a cracked block and had a marina replace the Atomic four. I have had a number of problems related to the poor installation. Once I get that fixed, I will have a truly nice boat. One of the nicest features is the large dinette. We have had six adults and two children sitting around the table at one time. I am not crazy about the placement of the steering wheel--it is placed close to the hatch and geting around the cockpi involves climbing around it. Actually I find it a very comnfortable boat to sail and stay aboard. I would like some more storage, but since it is usually only my wife and I, we use one of the rear berths for a storage shed. The lazarette is impressive. You could add a berth and make it into another stateroom! I just spent the weekend on a C26. Had a nice time, but I really missed a few features I've gotten used to on my boat. Cam Whetstone s/v C36 - Wolf's Den Baltimore, Md.

M

Murray Heimbecker

C-36

I have a C-36 center console and I love it. I like the headroom and the separate quarters. If you want to email me I'm at mheimbecker@aaproducts.com. I'm fairly new to sailing, but not new to boats. I'm looking for the best dehumidifier and A/C for a columbia. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.