Inflatable repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2004
Hunter Passage 420 Rock Hall, MD
I need to make a few repairs to my Zodiac (PVC) and need some good sources for adhisive and patches. I have tried the WM, Defender and the like without results. Anyone have some good sources?

Feb 17, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Lower Salford, PA / Tolchester,MD marina
Grab a spinsheet magazine

In issues of spinsheet you should see advertisments for two companies. Airboat and Inflatable Boat in West Chester. Inflatable Boat has a marina pick-up service and sevices Rock Hall marinas. I have used Inflatable Boat. Their work was good but (in my opinion) not inexpesive. They do charge for an estimate. Good Luck

W

Warren Milberg

Fabric

I've had good results using a product called "Power Epoxy" for small repairs on inflatables. I bought online from iBoats.com Power Poxy Tear Repair

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Defender has it

In Defender's 2005 catalog, page 14, under Weaver Snap Davits. Item #450496 for just the glue and item #450494 for the complete kit. The kit includes the glue plus MEK, mixing sticks, etc. I don't think the kit includes any patches, but I could be wrong. A local Zodiac dealer (possibly in the Annapolis area) should have both the glue and patch material. If you just need the glue, I think Defender is the way to go. They will ship by ground only- no extra fee. Good luck. Mix only what you need because you will probably need more in another year or so. PVC Zodiacs are notorious for seams coming unglued.

C

Capt Ron;-)

A cruisers remedy, I learned this from european cruisers, but widely known nowadays... Use 3M 5200! It works really well, and worst Marine sells patcing material by the square foot, I bought some hyperlon last year. Spray soapy water on the boat, has to be infalted, you will see bubbles where your leaks are.

Nov 25, 2005
Pearson 36-2 Ocean,NJ
Inflatable Boat out of business?

I tried calling Inflatable Boat in West Chester, PA and the toll free # from their web site wouldn't connect. I then tried calling the # listed in the Yellow Book and it was disconnected. Anyone know if they are out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.