Inflatable pdf for a buxom woman?

Dec 29, 2015
Beneteau 473 Mukilteo WA
Ladies,

I'm looking for an inflatable pdf that fits me well. I'm 5' 3" and buxom - a matronly shape. I've got a Stohlquist foam (non-inflatable) that is designed specifically for women, and it fits very comforatbly and isn't bulky,

I haven't found an inflatable that fits decently. The inflatable ones I've tried extend past my waist in front, and they protrude so far at the bottom that the pdf hinders my ability to move around the boat.

This isn't a picture of me, but the picture of the woman on the left shows the problem. The front bottom of the pdf sticks out far enough to catch on shrouds and other stuff.

Thank in advance,
Judy
Don't you mean "PFD"

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
There are problems w/ PFD with the fit. As an outfitter, I often had to fit people that weighed more than recommended stated on the label. (dry weight not a weight of the person in the water) Stearns Co. only would say that that the PFD should not be used if the weight of the person exceeded what was on the lable. I could find nothing on the market to fit-float extra large peope that was legal and would be worn for 4 hours of active use. I think the weight was 250 lbs or less on the extra large jackets that had the head flap to float an unconscious person face up. (they did not)