Indifference

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Is that you Will the Pelican Whisper?

We made all sorts of noise to try to get the Cormorant to look into the camera. It was like the bird said. “No. No pictures. I on a break. I’m just hanging here. You boaters are not supposed to be out here in February.”

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Is that you Will the Pelican Whisper?
Not the Pelican Whisperer. That pelican was so focused on the catch a charter boat captain was fitteting that he remained truly indifferent to my sitting down next to him and petting his head and neck. Linda did it too. He wasn't indifferent to the little bits of raw fish we picked up and fed him, though. He snapped those right up, nearly swallowing my hand a couple of times.
What was funny was when a couple of young muscleheads came by and saw us, they dared each other to try and touch the "indifferent" pelican. The pelican decided things were getting out of hand and snapped at the guy's finger. The guy jumped back and yelled and walked away nursing his wittle fingers because the big bad pelican bit him. Pelicans have no leverage and no power in their bite. The guy hurt himself more from pulling away than anything else.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="Will Gilmore, post: 1534892, member: 139601 Now here's indifference. -Will (Dragonfly)[/QUOTE]

WELL, NOW YOU KNOW HOW LITTLE TIM FELT STROKING THE GOOSE!

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Must post a video clip of the Cormorant that landed on the sun deck of our boat a few years ago on the way back home just off of Jack Island. He just would not leave.