iNavX Problems

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Hey folks. For those here who use iNavX on an iPhone for charts, has anyone had problems with it freezing up for periods of time? I find it happens mostly when using larger scale charts, almost as if its having trouble processing all the detail. Weirdly I've been using this app for years and it's only now happening on my iPhone 10 and now iPhone 12. Super frustrating as when it happens I am without a quick reference to charts. (Yes, I have all the paper charts below but the app is very convenient and I'd like to get it working again.). I have rebooted the phone, restarted the app, you name it. The mfgr seems stumped...

Thanks for any help....

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
I run it on my iPad and haven’t experienced what you are seeing. Some years ago I used to have frequent issues with the TCP/IP link to my digital yachts wifi dumping the signal but they did a fix and that stopped happening.

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? That sometimes fixes flakey behavior.
I have solved the problem with the help of iNavX support. There is a useful Track function that keeps a record on the chart of your journey (track). I had it turned on and set to a high degree of accuracy and the app had been tracking my every movement for months. At the suggestion of iNavX I cleared the track history and turned off tracking and BOOM - problem solved. I was about to downplay your suggestion for reinstalling the app but that would have also cleared the tracks so it was a good suggestion. Thanks.