In the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2007
- - Red Bluff, CA
Lancer 28 on trailer in side yard - much to do. First though, we're trying to determine the model of this 28 footer. Have heard of perhaps six 28' models, but don't know where to begin with the ID process. here's some of what I know: -Lancer 28 (27'8" LOA) -1977 -master berth in fore peak -porta potty -tiller -stern cut-out for outboard motor -shoal keel Any help with the ID would be appreciated. Thanks!

R

RJ

Check under the V Birth

If you check under the V birth on the starboard side (if its like mine anyway) there's the model number on piece of bonded glass, also check high up on the transom on the starboard side and it should be molded into the glass.

hb*

Jul 2, 2004
- - GA
In casual observation, I am of the opinion that there were 3 versions of the L-28: 1978 and earlier: Three fixed 'Greenhouse' windows on each side; Masthead rig; mast mounted over the main cabin with a compression post in the forward part of the cabin; traveler is mounted on the bridgehead (cockpit sole) just aft of the hatch. 1979: 'Greenhouse' windows were replaced with 4 smaller ports on each side, the ones in the rear of the cabin would open, the others were fixed. Mast placement and traveler remained the same. 1980 and later: 4 ports per side; the mast moved forward and rested on the bulkhead between the head and cabin (no compression post); traveler moved to top of cabin just forward of the sliding hatch, fractional rig. There may have some other variations in sail plan - mine is listed as a "tall rig" implying that there may have been some other arrangement. In addition to the above, there was a long list of optional equipment which could have been factory added: 3 shrouds per side rather than the standard 2; split backstay; dinette; v-berth in lieu of the standard locker forward of the head; etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.