In NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Hi all I am up in NY visiting for XMAS and no I am not asking for some one to take me sailing with it being so cold and we are freezing.
We were complaining about the cold spell down in Florida the last week or so and that was a heat wave compared to this weather here on Long Island,NY,we are freezing as I speak,just took the grand kids to the bus stop and now trying to warm up with a hot cup of coffee.
It wonderful to be up here visiting family for XMAS and spending time with our two grand daughters but my wife wants to know when are we heading back to warm Florida,I guess we were a lot younger all those years working and living here.
So Merry XMAS to all and a Happy New Year.
Nick

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Merry Christmas to you, Nick.. We are going to Decatur IL for a visit.. THAT is going to be a change from the 75F that we have today in South Louisiana!!

Jan 24, 2008
Alerion Express 28 Oneida Lake, NY
(St. ?)Nick...
Good morning and welcome to NYS.
Come up to CNY if you wanna see some winter weather.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Paul

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Welcome back to Latitude 41 Nick! I know that because it says so on my sweatshirt.

I have been watching the weather at our Florida condo, brutal there too. So its go to the YMCA during the day and a good book in the evening.

Here's hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a happy, safe, and prosperous 2011.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
66 degrees in Lakewood Ranch at 10:30 a.m Just went to the mailbox in shorts and short sleeve shirt. Was a bit chilly but it's a short walk...

May 3, 2009
H Cherubini 37 Madisonville, La., Pontchartrain
Nick,
Just got through cutting the grass in Baton Rouge. Hope you have a nice Christmas up there in the frozen Nawth. "Chilly" here too.
Wally

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Hey Nick,
It's 71 here in Punta Gorda. I guess you took the cold with you. Went out sailing Sunday with winds about 12 - 15. Planning Christmas dinner in the Ponce Park with some sail club friends.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
No Fun

I guess I can't tease anybody about how warm it is with us ,can't wait to get back to Florida and some sailing time.
And to think I did love it when it snow here in NY and couldn't wait to put on the cross country skis and snow shoes off into the woods I would go all day,down hill sking was my favorite but the my back said no more winter sports but I just started playing tennis and do like the warmer weather in Florida for out door fun. It's time to go walk the dog but the sun is out and the wind is not too bad.
Happy Holiday to all.
Nick

Sep 21, 2009
Hunter 34 Comox
Merry HoHo from the frozen PNW. My avatar pretty much says it all. Averaging -6 to -13C these last 2 weeks but..... there is hope, the days just get longer from now on.

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
And to think I did love it when it snow here in NY and couldn't wait to put on the cross country skis and snow shoes off into the woods I would go all day,down hill sking was my favorite but the my back said no more winter sports but I just started playing tennis and do like the warmer weather in Florida for out door fun.
Nick
Long Island's in the warmer part of the state and the water's not even frozen there yet. I think you should go out on the boat! It's a little colder up here in central NY...I kind of feel sorry for my boat out in the yard...it looks kind of cold. My winter "sport" is cutting firewood. My son is currently visiting from the Stuart, Fl area. He's complaining it's cold but missed the real cold the last week or 2. Doesn't seem to appreciate it's not 5 degrees still.

Actually, I'm jealous...I'd rather be sailing. It's nice up here in the summer, though.

Scott

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
It's all a matter of prospective and how many layers you have on. In the Carib it's b/suit (or none), Florida a T shirt and shorts, NY a hat and gloves, and northern Canada, well I'll not go there! No matter where I sit the weather inside is wonderful. Who in hell would go outside in a down jacket in Florida or a T shirt in NY this time of year?? Most of us are fortunate enough to CHOOSE where we want to be. Snow sure is nice but I can always head off to the Carib if I've had enough.

Cheers to all and a great sailing new year!

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Back in Florida

We are back in Florida thank god for sure and much warmer than up NY.
We left sunday 8 am and in Florida Monday 6 am after driving all night beating the snow storm heading south,still can't believe we made it with out any problem with snow or ice on the road.
Nick

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
Nick, you sure lucked out on this one. We saw winds to 68 mph and our snow total was 24". Sunday brought blizzard conditions and a total white out at times. Right now Fl sounds pretty good!

Have a happy new year.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Very Lucky

We took a shot and got very lucky so we could get out of dodge before the snow hit the fan for sure,I was worried we would be snowed in but I was also worried of getting stuck on the drive down 95 and my wife would kill me so got up early morning and flipped a coin go heads and stay tails.
Happy New Year to every one and we will be at the New Years party here in Punta Gorda thank goodness.
Nick
P.S. I got a used like new Doyle APC spinnaker from a guy in Virginia on the way up and so can't wait to start using here in Charlotte Harbor soon,got every thing chute sheets blocks and need to buy anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.