In need of replacement for solar fan in galley

Jul 5, 2014
C&C 36 Selby Bay
My solar fan in my 1977 C&C 36 needs replacement. Any thoughts on successfully replacing the hatch? Any recommendations for locating a replacement hatch with a solar fan?
Thank you!

Jul 5, 2014
C&C 36 Selby Bay
Thank you for the suggestion and link. The hatch opens but the fan is necessary on days when it rains or weather is foul. It keeps air circulating inside. I have the original atomic 4, which I am keeping together with lots of counseling from Don Moyer. The gas smell when opening the companionway is sometimes too much. I hope I can return to you for more advice.

Oct 4, 2018
C&C Mark 1 Etobicoke
Thank you for the suggestion and link. The hatch opens but the fan is necessary on days when it rains or weather is foul. It keeps air circulating inside. I have the original atomic 4, which I am keeping together with lots of counseling from Don Moyer. The gas smell when opening the companionway is sometimes too much. I hope I can return to you for more advice.
I had the same issue, but I find opening up the starboard lasserite for a bit helps a lot, I mean a whole lot. The smell just goes away.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The atomic 4 is a gasoline engine right? The smell is gas vapor. Vapor that could ignite. You definitely need to find a way to exhaust your cabin space!