In-mast furling Outhaul car on boom Rubber Upstand replacement

May 22, 2017
Catalina 310 Lake Carlyle
Last year the Rubber Angled Upstand fell apart on my in-mast furling outhaul car which rides on the boom. It is rubber and accessible to the sun and will degrade in time. Mine fell apart and when sailing or in the slip would whistle loudly in the wind. The Genoa Stirup assembly also becomes wobbly. The car assembly on my boom is a Lewmar on my year 2000 310. After much looking and telephone calls, a Lewmar tech gave me the part number and a drawing to help replace it. I had to nip off a little of the up-angled rubber to install which wasn't very difficult.
Lewmar part # 25002313 For size 0 cars

Frank Hines
Carlyle, Ill.
No Tippy Hull #17

Attachments

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Thanks!!! I've had my boat for 5 years and didn't know that part existed. It wasn't there when I bought the boat.

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for that part on my 2001.

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Thanks for posting Frank - my local Catalina dealer said the part was no longer available. I’ve looked online and am unable to find any where that sells it - where did you purchase from?

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Not sure if anyone else has tried to order, but when I reached out to Lewmar they told me I needed to use their dealer network and said Defender was best. I called them and they mentioned that the part number had changed, but they would get me the item. 6 weeks later it finally arrived and they sent the stirrup, not the upstand. I have an RMA in process, but wondering if others had any luck in ordering recently?

Attachments