Imperial or Metric

Mar 18, 2024
Beneteau Oceanis 46 Woburn Bay
Hi all, just bought a Beneteau Oceanis 46 and it has no onboard tools so I am taking a bunch of spares I have here with me. Can anyone tell me if the fittings are predominately metric or imperial onboard?
Any help appreciated.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Our Beneteau 37 is predominantly metric, but probably not exclusively. I carry both metric and imperial sockets and Allen wrenches.

Mar 18, 2024
Figured as much. I packed both but thought I'd check in case I could save some space/weight on the plane. Thanks David.

Mar 18, 2024
Thanks Ralph. I'm taking tools thru checked luggage so trying to economize weight!

Feb 21, 2010
Beneteau 31 016 St-Lawrence river
Mostly metric… US spars, propane and add-ons mostly SAE.
You could also buy tools there & leave them onboard.

Mar 18, 2024
Yes, thanks. I have a mountain of spares so thought I would put them to use without buying new. Will definitely have to augment when we get there but free is a good price for now, spending enough!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Yes, thanks. I have a mountain of spares so thought I would put them to use without buying new. Will definitely have to augment when we get there but free is a good price for now, spending enough!
No matter what tools you put onboard, sooner rather than later the tool you really need is at home and the HW store is closer than home. :facepalm: :beer:

Jul 30, 2018
Beneteau 321 Tawas MI
No matter what tools you put onboard, sooner rather than later the tool you really need is at home and the HW store is closer than home. :facepalm: :beer:
This is perhaps the best advice. Tools that serve multiple purposes are by far the most valuable.